Friday, January 18, 2008

Bilingual babes?

So, Haze and Em go to a daycare in the city I work in, and most of the women that work there speak both Spanish and English to the kids. This morning we were getting ready for school and I was putting Hazen's pants on him (they were orange). He looks at me and says. "Rojo, Mommy?" and I told him "no" and then he pointed to his Spiderman hat and said, "This rojo, Mommy." I was shocked! I didn't think he would pick up on Spanish words after only being exposed to them for about 2 months! It's awesome! I would LOVE for my kids to be bilingual! :)

3 comments:

Amy Teets said...

LMAO, have you tried Dora! Christian loves Dora and Diego. When I ask him to count he counts in Spanish! HAHA!

DaniKel said...

That's great! Your Haze is a lil smarty - so of course he picked it up so quickly!

Give those beautiful babes of yours big smooches for me!

Megn said...

Yay Hazen! That's fantastic. Maybe Em will start trying out some new words soon, too.