Thursday, December 20, 2007

I love my kids and my job...

I absolutely love my job. I have the best kids in the world. They are amazing. I would never teach at a school where I have rich kids that have everything. I love my little Hispanic kids. I love where I teach. I have had an amazing year so far and continue to learn more about them, life and myself each day. It's never a dull moment, especially in a middle school! I learn something new everyday. I couldn't think of a better career. They make me smile everyday.

I have taken on the boys 7th grade basketball coach with my friend Jesse. The boys are SO excited that I am coaching and are saying that we're going to win all of our games. (I hope so!)They are awesome. Our season is only 5 weeks long, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun. One of my boys gave me a huge high five when I told them I was coaching. Another said, "YES! We get to beat Adams City one day after my birthday!" (that's our big rival).

I really love these kids. I hope that I don't have to find another job due to political BS in our building. Only time will tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so refreshing to hear a teacher say such wonderful things about her students. Too often I hear the complaints, so thanks for this post! Wish more teachers had your spirit =)

kyra said...

I agree, teaching is a great career. Everyday is an adventure, I can't imagine doing anything else either. Who would've thought in those wncc days you and I would both be teaching middle school and raising two babies on our own! We are awesome aren't we?!!?