Thursday, July 10, 2008

Puebla Day 3 and 4: TEACHING!!


Our school-Otilio Montano. Has grades 1-6. The school layout was VERY similar to my school in Gila Bend. Brought back some great memories of my old kiddos!


Nice security system--barbed wire and glass shards. Maybe they should try this in our prisons!

My kids!The boy in the middle is Eduardo--I fell in love with him on the first day!

More of my kids! And Eduardo up front again!


Older students dressed in traditional dress from Vera Cruz.


They played these instruments and I don't know what they were called--they were pianos that they blew air into. They played "The Rose" by Bette Middler! It was awesome!


First graders and "High School Musical"


Second graders and their reggatone dance!

On the first Monday we were in Puebla, we went to our schools for a welcoming celebration. One class from each grade level performed a dance to a song. The first graders danced to a "high School Musical" song which was super cute! The second graders danced to some reggatone and wore their hats backwards and were awesome! The other grades were dressed in traditional dress from states in Mexico and performed traditional Mexican dances. My kids wore the dress from the state of Puebla. They were ADORABLE! Jeff has more pictures from the celebration and once I get together with him I will post more.

Tuesday was spent in the classrooms teaching our lessons, 5 hours of classes where were worked on presentations and papers. We put in LONG days when were there!

2 comments:

Edward said...

Looks like you really enjoy teaching! Thats really obvious. I don't know how teachers do it but God bless them. I actually tried to home school and iwth that came a new appreciation for teachers.

One question though ---"Nice security system--barbed wire and glass shards. Maybe they should try this in our prisons!"

Why should they try this in our prisons? I have to admit that I have a soft heart for felons and although I realize the prison system is necessary it is also broken. Try reading the "Collateral Consequences of Mass Imprisonment" that being said, I could not figure out why the glass shards and barbed wire should be tried in our prisons.

Best wishes....your kids are absolutely lovely. Enjoy!

ajs4ever said...

Hey!! I checked out your blog from your email! Emmie is a doll! You will have to check out our blog- thebabybug.blogspot.com
I am really excited about making the siblings book! I hope you like it:)

Amber